Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Continental" Shows - Any Interest?
Now that I'm through capturing the raw material for a big stack of old mags, I can find a bit of time to work on some exotic shows.

But I wonder if you folks out there are interested in them. Translating and subtitling these shows is quite a bit of work, and if you don't like them, why should I do it in the first place?

Alright, I'll post a few screenshots, and I'd like you to  tell me what you think about these shows.

Gärtnern natürlich

("Gardening Naturally" - Germany 2015/16)

This is just another gardening show with lots of practical tips, nothing really special. But it was made in my neck of the woods - one of the gardens is only a half-hour bicycle ride away.

[Image: vlcsnap_00001.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap_00002.jpg]

The show is presented by Laura Lange. She doesn't know a lot about gardening, but this man does:

[Image: vlcsnap_00003.jpg]

René Wadas, the "plant doc". Here he assesses the mealybug infestation of an apple tree.

[Image: vlcsnap_00005.jpg]

Laura and René inspect a rather murky garden pond. Of course, René has a remedy in his green bag.

[Image: vlcsnap_00006.jpg]

This roof garden suffers from a serious nutrient deficiency.

Maartens moestuin

("Maarten's Veggie Patch" - Netherlands 2014)

You might think that this is just an old geezer pottering around on his plot - but Maarten 't Hart is actually a scientist who wrote several books on biology. It's a very simple show - just one man and his garden and very little else. When Maarten shares his philosophy, he sometimes uses strong language - so be warned...

[Image: vlcsnap_00007.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap_00008.jpg]

Maarten inspects his fruit trees...

[Image: vlcsnap_00009.jpg]

...while his chickens have an unwelcome visitor.

[Image: vlcsnap_00010.jpg]

Bon appetit!

Trädgården på Strömsö

("The Garden on Strömsö" - Finland 2015)

[Image: vlcsnap_00011.jpg]

[Image: vlcsnap_00014.jpg]

Watch this...

[Image: vlcsnap_00015.jpg]

...turn into this, in a gardening series from a rather unlikely country. Each episode focuses on one aspect of the garden and its progress through the season.

[Image: vlcsnap_00012.jpg]

Camilla and Ove are building a Nordic variation of the traditional African keyhole garden...

[Image: vlcsnap_00013.jpg]

...while Elisabeth and Alexandra discuss the nutritional values of homegrown fruit and veg.

So... if this is something you'd like to be added to MG, I'll get to work on it. But not right now, as there's (hopefully) still a bit of summer left...
notimetolose, I am gonna say here that you have shared really a nice stuff with us about the shows. The sharing and pictures all are nice and good and I liked them. Thanks for sharing such a great stuff with us and keep it up in future too.